I've worked as a designer for six years. I'm extremely familiar with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. I code my own email templates and websites with HTML/CSS. I know enough about motion graphics and videos to cut a slick promo. I like data-driven, user-centered design that thinks about how the end user is going to interact with what I make.
In my free time I work on my illustration skills and manage my online shop. I've created a few product lines and enjoy crunching numbers to figure out what to make next. Ask me about my spreadsheets--I'm quite proud.
Marketing Coordinator || Institutional Property Advisors
FEBRUARY 2019 - PRESENT
- Led design strategy and executed marketing for a team of real estate brokers as their sole designer.
- Researched systems, built templates, and trained an assistant in their use in order to increase production, and streamline the system for launching new listings.
- Project management of multiple product launches, email campaigns, and website launches via coordination with external vendors, freelancers when necessary, and internal designers.
- Coded and tested emails both in HTML/CSS and using Constant Contact's template builder. Developed a list-building strategy and email send schedule to ameliorate retention statistics. Increased open rates by 50%, and reduced unsubscribes by 20%.
- Developed, launched, and helped create a strategy for a new website and email newsletter for the team, with a schedule for continued updates.
- Created a new logo and branding for the team that fit with the IPA brand guidelines.
Graphic Designer || PATH
APRIL 2016 - JANUARY 2019
- Worked with a team of designers, writers, and strategists to create marketing and fundraising campaigns for print, web, and mobile.
- Maintain client relationships, set deadlines, and prioritize projects in a fast-paced review cycle.
- Created new template and workflow for email campaigns. Created a “welcome” customer journey that yielded a 45% average open rate.
- Coded and tested emails both in HTML/CSS and using CVENT and Campaign Monitor’s template building resources.
- Art directed and executed a fundraising campaigns that included email, direct mail, and social advertising.
- Lead designer for several events. Worked with internal team, and external consultants to maintain cohesive branding across all collateral, including print, web, and video assets.
- Sourced a vendor for enamel pins, created all art assets for the project, and managed the process from concept through execution to create a unique gift for high level donors.
- Managed the fabrication and design of tote bags for 1500 PATH employees through a factory in China.
- Wireframed and implemented a design for a landing page for PATH Journeys. Created marketing materials and branding for the campaign.
- Illustrated and animated motion graphics.
- Worked with a team of writers, scientists, and data analysts to produce, direct, and edit videos for grant applications and story-telling.
- Worked on a team to deliver feedback about PATH’s rebrand.
Graphic Designer || Planned Parenthood (of the Great Northwest)
NOVEMBER 2014 - MARCH 2016
- Created landing pages, social media graphics, and print pieces.
- Helped launch both an external and internal email newsletter, complete with redesign.
- Worked with a team across four states and timezones to create content/advertising schedules for four social media channels.
- Increased engagement rate on Facebook by 2% overall, and increased reach by an average of 50% per post.
- Directed interns and provided feedback and advice about projects.
- Generated weekly reports about social media performance and led a weekly meeting to create goals based on that data.
- Created a brand experience around a storytelling event that included print collateral, event-specific swag, a powerpoint, a VIP experience, and social media campaign.
Graphic Designer || Fayette County Sheriff's Office
AUGUST 2011 - MAY 2014
- Collaborated with the Lexington Herald Leader to design and manage a “Most Wanted” list.
- Led and executed a rebrand for the Sheriff’s website and print materials.
- Designed direct mail pieces and email campaigns.
- Managed relationship with external vendors for printing, production, etc.
- Produced videos and created motion graphics.
- Graduated with a BA in Integrated Strategic Communications from the University of Kentucky
- Minor in Digital Art Studio